Thursday, April 23, 2009

Picking An EPL Team: Update

So, my quest to select an EPL team has progressed quite smoothly. I have watched quite a few games involving all the teams that I am considering. I’ve even looked at their histories, former players and (yes) even their kits. After considering all this, I’m set to whittle down the list. Eliminated from consideration are West Ham, Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur. Now, the list consists of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Fulham, Manchester City and Everton.

Some things I will be paying close attention to will be:

-Newcastle’s bid to avoid relegation: Newcastle is having a tough time, and with their remaining schedule, I think they’re in serious trouble. Let’s see how much fight they have left in them, because it would be real sad to see them drop.

-The race for the title is down to Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea, with Man U starting to pull away.

-Chelsea will meet Everton in the FA Cup Final after Chelsea dispatched Arsenal and Everton upset Man U.

-Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U are also 3 of the 4 teams in the semis of the Champions League. With Arsenal and Man U playing each other, the EPL is guaranteed to be represented in Rome for the final.

-Fulham still has an outside shot (although it’s a huge mountain to climb) at getting a place in next year’s UEFA Cup. Currently, Aston Villa and Everton hold those spots.

Well, in a week or so, I will whittle the list down to 4 teams, then 2, with my team being selected before the last game of the regular season. Until then, stay tuned…

No comments: